real life nutrition: geoffry reeser5 February 2015
1. Name: Geoffry Reeser
2. Occupation: Banker
3. Breakfast is usually: A glass of water and a couple cups of coffee, black. Sometimes my wife, Alexandra, makes me shakes with frozen berries, spinach, almond milk, chia seeds and plain greek yogurt- those are the days that I feel awesome.
4. Coffee, tea of green juice: Coffee all the time.
5. Favourite time + place to grocery shop: Oh never. But if I have to, Sunday afternoon, No Frills at Lansdown and Dundas.
6. Always in your cart: This depends if I’m shopping with my wife or alone. Alone: eggs, many types of bread and a croissant to eat while I’m checking out. With my wife: lots of vegetables, almond butter, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and cheese for my world famous sandwiches.
7. Exercise routine: Squash a few days a week after work and once on the weekend, walking around the city, canoeing in the summer. I am a founding member of a canoe club, and we do some pretty intense trips.
8. Favourite way to wind down and relax: Lie on the couch while Alexandra is out and watch Kardashian marathons. I would watch it with her but she talks too much. But seriously, I really enjoy going to the cottage, playing scrabble, getting out of the city. On the weekends if I am in the city I like walking to do my errands, hanging out with friends, and beating my buddy David Jones in squash.
9. Biggest health obstacle: Eating out too much, lunch in particular. I tend to eat out a lot during the day: burger and fries, steak salad, hot dogs….which makes me feel pretty terrible. If I am lucky, Alexandra makes my favorite salad which I have named Refresh: tons of tomatoes and fresh arugula, lemon, salt, pepper, and a little bit of penne pasta. The days I eat Refresh, I really notice a difference in how I feel.
10. How you make time for health in your life: I try to make time for health with things I enjoy, so it doesn’t feel like I am really making time. I do things that don’t feel like a chore or a big effort, which makes it sustainable. I look forward to my squash matches, canoe trips, and of course, my Refresh salads.
11. One thing you will never give up: Butter.
12. Always in your fridge: Leftovers that are going bad because Alex keeps absolutely everything. And eggs.
13. Cooking inspiration comes from: Wok with Yan, Alexandra, she teaches me how to make my world famous dishes. I also get inspired by the fact that no one in my family things I can cook, so I make things to try to impress them, but then no one believes me and they think Alexandra made it.
14. Go-to meal + recipe: World famous scrambled eggs, I like to eat breakfast for dinner.
|Geoff’s World Famous Eggs||
- Red onions
- Goat cheese
- Chop your vegetables into little bits
- Lightly sauté in butter in a pan
- Add eggs
- Add goat cheese
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until fluffy
- Add a little butter just before done (optional, but encouraged)
real life nutrition is a series showcasing a variety of real people and their daily relationship with health. My hope is that you can identify with the ups and downs we all experience when trying to make time for health in our lives, and be inspired by these stories.